Tuesday 1 October 2013

A Star is Born!


In deciding upon the character who will be the Azerothian Explorer, many questions had to be answered.

In order to answer these questions properly, some background is required.


In Vanilla, I played Horde initially, then due to a lack of people playing in my time zone, swapped to Alliance.  With the advent of Oceanic Servers, I returned to Horde.

In terms of classes, I have max level Hunter, Shaman, Death Knight, Paladin, and Mage.  I also have a level 85 Warlock.  I have recently swapped mains from Mage to Paladin (Protection with Retribution Offspec) and couldn’t be happier.

So how does this impact our future star?

Well, as you can see, I have only ever seen Alliance questing in Vanilla, so I kinda feel like I pay this money, and don’t get to see everything.  So I have decided Alliance is the way to go.

Secondly, I want to play a class that will be strong solo-ing a range of content, including group quests, and have fast queues for Dungeons.  A paladin seems to fit that.  Also, I do worry that when I play different classes, I don’t play my main as well, so that makes it an easier decision too.

Now since we know we are going Alliance Paladin, what race?  I personally find Humans boring, so that rules them out.  I do love dwarves, but not necessarily as Paladins.  I have always liked Draenei, so I have decided on that race.  And I have chosen a Male.  (My current main is a Blood Elf Female, so its meant to be a bit of an opposite to her).

Now in terms of appearance, I had a look at the Burning Crusade Cinematic and have tried to make a Paladin that resembles the one seen there.  What do you think?

Burning Crusade Cinematic Paladin

What the Azeroth Explorer may eventually look like


What the Azeroth Explorer currently looks like

Now as can be seen in the final image, our star has a  name, Khojna.  This is a hindi word that means to explore or investigate.  I like Hindi words, especially for Male Draenei as their dance is copied from an Indian artist Dahler Mehndi.

Next time, a quick talk about professions, and how Khojna plans to tackle his new world.  Take Care!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I am reading a blog about LEVELLING AN ALT of all things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you'll be inspired! I thought about calling the toon Squidwins btw...

    ReplyDelete